Thursday, January 11, 2007

In the Army Now

Below is an email sent this afternoon from my brother in Colorado Springs, who serves as active military in homeland security:

Greetings friends and family,

My original intent of this note is to inform you of the possibility of our Army Chaplains being prohibited to use the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, in their prayers. This is most absurd. Being a follower and believer in Jesus Christ myself, and in the Army, this of course concerned me greatly.

I don't know how you feel about signing petitions, but there is an online petition at the American Center for Law & Justice (
www.aclj.org) that you can sign if you like which expresses your opposition to this attack on our faith. There is also a lot more info on the above mentioned website concerning this issue, if you'd just like to read more about it.

Peace in Christ
-Jeremiah VanDorsten